[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #4758: There should be a Hook between a pages/posts textarea and the submit button.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Aug 16 04:41:23 GMT 2007

#4758: There should be a Hook between a pages/posts textarea and the submit
button.
 Reporter:  _erik_        |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  new
Component:  Optimization  |     Version:  2.2.2
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
 I replaced TinkerMCE ''"Rich Editor"'' with one i prefer (and one that is
 standards-compliant, and faster at the same time). Unfortunately i dont
 know how to parse that pages complete source (as i have seen dashboard-
 modifiying plugins did with ob_start). So there is no way for me or my
 plugin to add my <object> above the Submit-Buttons for saving and
 publishing a post or a page. Thus resulting in a strange order.

 Another Scenario where this would be helpful is when you need to use
 custom fields more intense (eg. for a posts translation into another
 language) in this case you'd normally want the custom field directly below
 the other language.

 Or when you use wordpress for a photolog, where you'd want another custom
 field (eg for the images URL, or its filename.) Here, the custom field
 also would be of the most importance on that posts admin-page, but one
 can't give it an appropriate place.
 Regarding WP2.3's Tagging-functionality, i'd like to see the hook even
 above the tag-area :)

 Are there any possibilities to get that additional hook into there? What
 reasons one can think of not to include one there.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4758>