[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3238: Bug Fix in wpautop for Dangling Paragraph Tag in Wordpress Comments

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Oct 17 00:25:25 GMT 2006

#3238: Bug Fix in wpautop for Dangling Paragraph Tag in Wordpress Comments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  Ghidra99                                                             |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect                                                               |       Status:  new
Comment (by Ghidra99):

 foolswisdom, I just took a look at the trunk code for
 [http://trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-includes/formatting.php
 formatting.php] and it includes the bug as well.

 It's at [http://trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-
 includes/formatting.php#L72 line 72]:
 {{{
 $pee = preg_replace('/\n?(.+?)(?:\n\s*\n|\z)/s', "<p>$1</p>\n", $pee); //
 make paragraphs, including one at the end
 }}}

 The updated code should read:
 {{{
 $pee = preg_replace('/\n?(.+?)(?:\n\s*|\z)/s', "<p>$1</p>\n", $pee); //
 make paragraphs, including one at the end
 }}}

 Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to create patch files so this would be
 easily readable.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3238#comment:2>
WordPress Trac <http://wordpress.org/>