[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #2864: Magpie falling behind feed developments

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Oct 15 01:59:31 GMT 2006

#2864: Magpie falling behind feed developments
-------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
 Reporter:  skeltoac                                               |        Owner:  link92
     Type:  enhancement                                            |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by matt):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 This is entirely unacceptable.

 We just broke everything that uses our RSS libraries in the world. If
 simplepie can't maintain the same external functions, like fetch_rss and
 the old object structure, then we shouldn't use it. Nothing in WP should
 have changed except the library.

 Also, the dashboard is now loading entire posts rather than descriptions.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2864#comment:8>
WordPress Trac <http://wordpress.org/>