[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3343: Delete categories JavaScript error: Object doesn't support this property or method.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Nov 23 00:36:02 GMT 2006

#3343: Delete categories JavaScript error: Object doesn't support this property or
method.
 Reporter:  dan-daemon      |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |       Status:  new
Changes (by foolswisdom):

  * summary:  Add/Delete categories bug in last trunks => Delete categories
              JavaScript error: Object doesn't support this
              property or method.

Old description:

> Hello guys,
>
> Can you give me solution for bugs I described here:
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/93417?replies=2
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

New description:

 When I delete category, software initiates ajax request to the server,
 then delete item from the table by ajax response, correct? If so, after it
 I get JavaScript error: Object doesn't support this property or method.

 I use IE7 and thought that this bug in JavaScript with new IE release,
 then I checked it to Firefox and got this JavaScript error after deleting
 category (copied from JavaScript console):

 $(id) has no properties[[br]]
 http://my.domain.com/wp-includes/js/list-manipulation-js.php?ver=4187

 Also, as I can see sometimes when I receive this error I also get this
 alert box (mostly Firefox):

 Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?[[br]]
 Slow down, I'm still sending your data![[br]]
 Press OK to continue, or Cancel to stay on the current page.

 This bug presents in IE all time, but in firefox only for first deleted
 item. Then I do not see any errors, deleting goes well.

Comment:

 Reproduced bug on delete of cat with IE 7

 Hi Dan-daemon, thank you for reporting this problem. In the future please
 include the details right in the ticket.

 ENV: WP trunk r4515

 WinXP / IE 7

 * Could not reproduce on Linux / Firefox 2.0 - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux
 i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20060601 Firefox/2.0 (Ubuntu-edgy)

 Description was:[[br]]

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3343#comment:2>