[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #2773: mysql server connections are being left open causing low system resources and inability to view site

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jun 2 16:54:23 GMT 2006

#2773: mysql server connections are being left open causing low system resources
and inability to view site
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
       Id:  2773       |      Status:  new
Component:  General    |    Modified:  Fri Jun  2 16:54:23 2006
 Severity:  blocker    |   Milestone:
    Owner:  anonymous  |    Reporter:  oncidium
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 My website has been having connection problems on and off.  According to
 my web provider the problem is wordpress...these were his comments.

 "It’s the fact that it opens up connections to the database and then
 doesn’t close them,Its consuming system resources that are required to
 run other things,

 We are running 2 GB of ram and mysql right now is hording over 65% and
 this is due to open connections." persistent connections...any way to fix
 this?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2773>
WordPress Trac <http://wordpress.org/>