[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #2918: Corrupted posts caused by deletion of uploaded images leaving abandoned imagelinks

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jul 6 03:38:42 GMT 2006

#2918: Corrupted posts caused by deletion of uploaded images leaving abandoned
imagelinks
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  BrianLayman  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
Component:  General      |     Version:
 Severity:  major        |    Keywords:  editor tinyMCE images imagelink
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 I have to go into the HTML to clean up just about every post on my wife's
 blog, in which she includes multipe pictures.  Her disappointed comment
 was "This is something I'm supposed to be able to do on my own.", but she
 should not have to know how to interpret HTML to put a few pictures in a
 blog and move them around so that they look nice.  I expect a lot of
 people just run without WYSIWYG because of this error.  This started in
 1.6 I think.  I used the 2.1 Bug Hunt as an excuse to figure out the steps
 to produce the problem.

 Demonstrated in 2.1 here: http://www.thecodecave.com/21/?p=4

 Steps to Reproduce:

 1. Type a line into a new post

 2. Upload an image using the tool below the post

 3. Insert image linked to original using thumbnail

 4. Resize the image and realize it looks bad or just decide on a different
 pic. Right click on the original and delete it.

 5. Insert the picture again, use the full image if you like or use
 thumbnail again. (Or instead of 4&5, just RightClick cut and paste the
 image to a new location)

 6. View post and see all your ending text has become a link...

 Looking at it further, I think that the problem centers around the right
 clicking on the image only effecting the image.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2918>
WordPress Trac <http://wordpress.org/>