[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #2900: Semantics of Previous and Next for editing posts

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jul 4 23:27:21 GMT 2006

#2900: Semantics of Previous and Next for editing posts
------------------------------------------------------------------+---------
 Reporter:  ptvguy                                                |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect                                                |       Status:  new
Comment (by ptvguy):

 Here's the IRC discussion:

 <teccus> when ur on a forum
 <teccus> previous is on the right
 <jeroenl> He's got a point I think.
 <teccus> easy mod, but irrotating and i don't want to modd it :p
 <teccus> hehe
 <teccus> when u are on a forum
 <teccus> and u want to go to deeper posts
 <teccus> its on the right hand side
 <teccus> not the left
 <teccus> lol, so u guys going to change it for me?
 <ptvGuy> Even on the WP support forum, NEXT PAGE is on the right.
 <jeroenl> No idea, I don't have a say in it.
 <jeroenl> I can just make a diff for it.
 <jeroenl> Yeah but you have to take the semantics in mind there.
 <teccus> NEXT as in, deeper to the forum
 <teccus> on the right
 <teccus> jer, exactly
 <jeroenl> teccus got me confused. :P
 <teccus> it happens sometimes.. my brain thinks to fast for my typing :)
 <jeroenl> I'm trying to get a feel for your suggestion.
 <ptvGuy> It is semantics, because we get confused by PREVIOUS, NEXT and
 NEWER, OLDER>
 <teccus> but whenever you go deeper into a forum, the link/button is
 always on the right, even if its called next, new, older
 <ptvGuy> In a forum or blog that runs newest to oldest, next is usually
 older until you get into an individual thread at which point NEXT is newer
 <teccus> 1 | 2 | 3... thats where the link for older posts in wordpress
 should be
 <teccus> lets stop talking semantics
 <teccus> DEEPER into the posts.. is on the right
 <ptvGuy> gotcha
 <teccus> to new posts.. its on the left

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2900>