[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #2687: The comments_number function's fourth parameter is overwritten in the function body.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Apr 23 05:17:33 GMT 2006

#2687: The comments_number function's fourth parameter is overwritten in the
function body.
       Id:  2687     |      Status:  assigned
Component:  General  |    Modified:  Sun Apr 23 05:17:33 2006
 Severity:  normal   |   Milestone:  2.1
    Owner:  westi    |    Reporter:  Pyrmont
Changes (by westi):

  * milestone:  => 2.1
  * keywords:  comments, comments_number => bg|dev-feedback comments,
               comments_number
  * status:  new => assigned
  * owner:  anonymous => westi

Comment:

 Hmm I'm not sure if this is the correct behaviour or not.

 The codex entry is unclear as to the purpose of the parameter and whether
 or not it is meant to be an in parameter or a return value.

 I think Pyrmont expects to be able to call it with a number and get a link
 displayed based on that.

 Marking for dev-feedback - Ryan / Matt please let us known what you think.

 I'll then write up a patch and update the codex docs.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2687>
WordPress Trac <http://wordpress.org/>