[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #7439: Create @WordPress/Community-Team Github Repo for central WordPress Community Team Repo

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 6 00:59:58 UTC 2024

#7439: Create @WordPress/Community-Team Github Repo for central WordPress
Community Team Repo
--------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  leogopal                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  task (blessed)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by leogopal):

 Replying to [comment:2 dd32]:
 > This has been created, and I've copied the permissions from the existing
 repo.

 Thank you kindly @dd32! Appreciate the quick assist!

 > The teams `Community Triage` has Triage, and `Make Community Team` has
 `Maintain`.

 > It appears that the Github teams for Community have been created in the
 reverse of what it should be - Resulting in both of those teams having
 `Maintain` access.

 > The `Community Triage` team is a sub-team of `Make Community Team`, and
 as such, inherits all permissions of the parent team.

 > The teams should be setup akin to something like this:
 > {{{
 > Team (Little permission; probably Write)
 >  - Triage (Triage access)
 >  - Admins (Maintain access)
 >  - Some other team for a project
 > }}}

 Thanks for catching that, though with the permissions I have, I can't
 quite see what you see, I am only able to see the team, sub teams, and
 each of their members, not what they are able to do in the repository -
 but I am able to see and set access writes to Projects in the main
 community team -- however most of the triage/maintenance would happen from
 the issues section on the repo - and the board mostly presents the
 different views and statuses -- we will be automating as much of how its
 used via actions, issue templates and workflow automations.

 though:
 - when I try access the manage access here I get a 404
 https://github.com/WordPress/Community-Team/settings/access

 Here are screenshots of what I am seeing on my end:
 https://www.dropbox.com/t/8wxRrceGFdETSPfu

 Maybe I am missing something?

 > Can y'all look into that and correct the nesting of the teams? Let me
 know if you need any changes made from me that you don't have access for.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7439#comment:5>