[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #7249: Support Forum: Show potentially relevant topics to user before they submit a new one.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 4 06:49:33 UTC 2023

#7249: Support Forum: Show potentially relevant topics to user before they submit
a new one.
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  dufresnesteven  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by dufresnesteven):

 Replying to [comment:1 Otto42]:
 > > Here is an example of duplicate tickets:
 >
 > Neither of those is a ticket. They are threads in a support forum.
 >
 > -1 to this idea. The forum is not a ticketing system and not a knowledge
 base.

 Sure, you pulled out one mistaken reference of tickets and built an
 argument around it. You are correct, they are topics, not tickets.
 Knowledgebases are a collection of topics. Reducing the need for users to
 open support ''forums'' is in the best interest of users. I'm not quite
 certain what improvement you are representing in your response.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7249#comment:2>