[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #7161: Remove auto-closure from support from threads and add warning if thread is old instead

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 21 11:39:42 UTC 2023

#7161: Remove auto-closure from support from threads and add warning if thread is
old instead
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  alh0319         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by tnolte):

 I don't agree with the comments that the support forums aren't a ticketing
 system. They are very much presented as such when the response handling is
 prominently placed and featured on the plugin main page. This indicator is
 seen as an indicator of how well supported a plugin is. As others have
 already pointed out some of the items take time, and if some topics are
 old and we're never responded to, especially in the case of a plugin being
 taken over by a new maintainer then that visible "damage" can't be undone.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7161#comment:19>