[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5586: You attempted to access the "WordPress.org Profiles" dashboard, but you do not currently have privileges on this site. If you believe you should be able to access the "WordPress.org Profiles" dashboard, please contact your network administrator

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 26 22:20:06 UTC 2021

#5586: You attempted to access the "WordPress.org Profiles" dashboard, but you do
not currently have privileges on this site. If you believe you should be
able to access the "WordPress.org Profiles" dashboard, please contact your
network administrator
----------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  bebe7     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  closed
Changes (by Otto42):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid
 * milestone:  Improved Search =>

Comment:

 The "WordPress.org Profiles" site is our site at profiles.wordpress.org.
 You're getting that message because you do not have access to it. Nobody
 but the administrators of WordPress.org have that access.

 If you're looking to edit your profile on WordPress.org, you can go here:
 https://profiles.wordpress.org/bebe7/ and edit the profile directly.

 If you are trying to access your own site, you need to go to your site's
 /wp-admin page, not to ours. WordPress sites are not connected like that,
 we're not like Facebook. We don't host sites for other people, WordPress
 is free software that anybody can use to build their own site with. We
 only host our own sites here. So, you cannot access your site through
 WordPress.org, nor will we have the same username and passwords here.

 If you have any questions about this, you can also ask on the support
 forums at https://wordpress.org/support/forums/.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5586#comment:1>