[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5467: Setup Vimeo Account for Hosting official oEmbed Test Videos & Host a Youtube Video

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 9 00:39:55 UTC 2020

#5467: Setup Vimeo Account for Hosting official oEmbed Test Videos & Host a
Youtube Video
-----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  task             |     Status:  new
Component:  WordPress.tv     |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+--------------------
 Hello,

 Stemming from [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46986 core#46986]
 (scheduled for 5.6) and then a
 [https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02SX62S6/p1602181671220000 #core-
 media Slack chat] we discussed the need for a wp.org owned Vimeo account
 and video for use in unit tests.

 The same goes for Youtube as I found several tests using random videos.
 Unlike Vimeo there is a WordPress.tv account we could possibly use, but
 would want to upload a video specific for testing.
 Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/WordPress/

 For reference all existing Vimeo/Youtube tests that I found;
 Six references of http://vimeo.com/190372437 in
 /tests/phpunit/tests/media.php
 Eight references of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ in
 /tests/phpunit/tests/oembed/filterTitleAttributes.php
 Two references of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI in
 /tests/phpunit/tests/widgets/media-video-widget.php
 Four references of http://www.youtube.com/v/nd_BdvG43rE in
 /tests/phpunit/tests/formatting/MakeClickable.php
 One reference of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ in
 /tests/phpunit/tests/oembed/filterResult.php
 One reference of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiS8rZBeIO0 in
 /tests/phpunit/tests/customize/manager.php

 I'm sharing a video of just the logo I think that can be used in both
 vimeo and youtube, and once uploaded I can field the core updates
 required.

 Thank you