[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5094: New .org subdomain to allow for iteration and testing of a remedial program for theme authors

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 17 09:20:51 UTC 2020

#5094: New .org subdomain to allow for iteration and testing of a remedial program
for theme authors
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  carike        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  new

Comment (by carike):

 Hallo @dd32,

 > it could be added as a pre-requisite for all authors to complete it?

 The intention is not to require all authors to complete it as outlined
 here :)

 > In order not to create unnecessary barriers to entry for theme authors,
 we do NOT propose that all theme authors be required to complete the
 modules before being able to submit a theme to Trac.
 > Instead, we propose that a theme's reviewer, or a theme team
 representative, be able to enroll a theme author into a module once an
 issue is identified in a theme they have submitted to the WordPress theme
 directory.

 We did consider a collaboration on the training subdomain
 (https://learn.wordpress.org/), but that subdomain is highly unlikely to
 be ready for something like this for at least 6 months and more likely a
 year or more.

 The Contributor Training page you suggested could work for creating a
 Proof of Concept though.

 Would you mind outlining / linking to the process to a new course, with
 new lessons and new questions to https://wordpress.org/contributor-
 training/?
 Does that require a meta ticket, or is there another process?
 Posting all of the correct answers in a meta ticket doesn't seem like the
 best idea :seenoevil:

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5094#comment:3>