[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5092: On med-small browser the Download WordPress and associated text aren't vertically aligned

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 10 19:54:53 UTC 2020

#5092: On med-small browser the Download WordPress and associated text aren't
vertically aligned
--------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect              |     Status:  new
Component:  WordPress.org Site  |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+--------------------
 Hello,

 Minor vertical alignment issue on WordPress.org homepage when on med-small
 viewport the Download WordPress button and it's associated text aren't
 vertically aligned. When you get down to small viewport they do align. It
 seems to only occur from 783px wide to 820px wide.

 Note: This only presents itself to me on Chrome when NOT using the device
 inspector. If I switch to the device inspect mode it doesn't present
 itself. Only when not in preview and constraining my browser.

 Also I'm wondering why the button states 'Download WordPress' when in
 desktop and lower in the page the buttons state 'Get WordPress'. Should we
 not be consistent in the button label?

 Thanks