[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5014: Add icon names to under dashicons so I can search using my browsers Ctrl + F function.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 7 02:30:35 UTC 2020

#5014: Add icon names to under dashicons so I can search using my browsers Ctrl +
F function.
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  dufresnesteven  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Old description:

> On `https://developer.wordpress.org/resource/dashicons`, add a label
> under the icon so I don't need to find the filter input and search there.
>
> My expectation is that I can just use CTRL + F and type in "comments" and
> my browser will find any associated icons and jump me to that section on
> the page.
>
> Example: https://themes-pixeden.com/font-demos/7-stroke/

New description:

--

Comment (by dd32):

 The page is pretty space constrained due to the number of icons being
 displayed, and the small size of them.

 Some of the class names are fairly long too, for example `dashicons-
 welcome-add-page`.

 The `Filter` box allows you to search the dashicons though.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5014#comment:1>