[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5138: Showcase: add more fields to submission form to be used as filters in showcase later on

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 7 12:46:01 UTC 2020

#5138: Showcase: add more fields to submission form to be used as filters in
showcase later on
-------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  jeherve      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Showcase     |   Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------
 The WordPress Showcase provides some great examples of what you can do
 with WordPress. When browsing the showcase, one can currently use the "by
 flavor" sidebar filter to narrow down their search to a platform.

 I would like to suggest a different set of filters in that sidebar. When
 looking at sites on that list, I sometimes wonder "how did they do it?",
 or "what tools did they use?".

 To address this, I'd like to suggest two changes:

 1. [https://wordpress.org/showcase/submit-a-wordpress-site/ In the
 Submission form], add a new field that would appear when you pick that you
 own the site, and where you could provide a list of plugins and / or tools
 you used to build your site.
 2. If we have that information, we could then surface the most popular of
 those tools in the sidebar, allowing one to get inspiration and better
 understand how sites are built.