[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3773: Request from Marketing Team to Implement Navigation Change at make.wordpress.org

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 15 13:59:36 UTC 2019

#3773: Request from Marketing Team to Implement Navigation Change at
make.wordpress.org
 Reporter:  westcountymedia                      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  needs-design                                   |

Comment (by hedgefield):

 By 'subnavigation', do you mean adding a dropdown menu on Get Involved, or
 adding to the subnav that's already present below the intro of the Get
 Involved page (which now includes Meetings and Team Updates)?

 In case of the former, I would recommend to instead make meetups and
 resources a more prominent part of the above-the-fold content on Get
 Involved. I don't know if people would pause and insect a dropdown menu if
 they don't know what they are looking for, which is the group it sounds
 like you want to target.

 I agree that meetups, wordcamps and contributor days are a friendlier way
 to get involved, as strange as that may sound, as diving into the team
 agendas and handbooks.

 If that's the intended direction, I can do a quick mockup.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3773#comment:4>