[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4272: Add translation status to the Plugin/Theme tiles in the directories to indicate how translated for the current locale the item is

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 14 17:42:16 UTC 2019

#4272: Add translation status to the Plugin/Theme tiles in the directories to
indicate how translated for the current locale the item is
--------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse           |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement               |     Status:  new
Component:  Translate Site & Plugins  |   Keywords:
--------------------------------------+--------------------
 Hello,

 For the localized Plugin/Theme directories it would be nice to provide the
 current translation status for the item on the tile view.

 [https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2290#comment:25 original comment
 by tobifjellner]:
 > When it comes to plugins, nobody searches for just "any popular plugin".
 They want specific functions. But yes, when I search, say, for
 https://sv.wordpress.org/plugins/search/transients (i.e. within the
 Swedish plugin directory), it would be wonderful to see details about
 translation status for the matches. But that would be a different ticket.

 For the Plugins it would make sense to be added in the meta part of the
 tile where 'User'. 'active installations' and 'tested with' information is
 provided.

 For the Themes there's no nice meta section so maybe an overlay on the top
 right of the tiles.

 I'll provide some screenshot concepts here.

 Thanks