[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4553: 301 redirect https://archive.wordpress.org/ to https://archive.wordpress.org/interviews/

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 18 22:56:12 UTC 2019

#4553: 301 redirect https://archive.wordpress.org/ to
https://archive.wordpress.org/interviews/
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  jonoaldersonwp  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Changes (by coffee2code):

 * keywords:  seo => seo close

Comment:

 I agree with Dion that this should be a wontfix.

 I'm not sure if reverting a 301 redirect is worth the hassle in the
 future, especially as [https://moz.com/blog/can-you-reverse-a-301-redirect
 at least some sources] suggest it isn't quick or necessarily easy.

 No one is going to the site expecting the interviews section, that just
 happens to be the only thing on it at present. If anything, I could get
 behind giving the root page some simple styling and a link to its
 available resources (i.e. the interviews).

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4553#comment:4>