[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3973: Search enhancement request so that HelpHub contents will be included in the result

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 16 22:37:36 UTC 2019

#3973: Search enhancement request so that HelpHub contents will be included in the
result
-------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  atachibana   |       Owner:  Otto42
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by diddledan):

 We don't need to de-index the codex ever. Once the old codex URLs have
 appropriate 301 redirects to the new URLs then Google will recognise the
 change in location and will update the index appropriately. That way we
 can add 301 redirects for the content that has migrated, as it migrates,
 without the rest of the codex from being hidden or removed from the index.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3973#comment:10>