[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4224: Can we provide a Data Export Request form/page similar to the Data Erasure Request form/page

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 26 18:14:29 UTC 2019

#4224: Can we provide a Data Export Request form/page similar to the Data Erasure
Request form/page
-----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement      |     Status:  new
Component:  General          |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+--------------------
 Hello,

 Currently, the export process for WP.org is to contact dpo at wordcamp.org
 (which w/ #3660 will change to a wp.org email hopefully). It would be nice
 to provide a Data Export Request form/page similar to the existing Data
 Erasure Request form/page.
 Data Erasure Request - https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/data-erasure-
 request/

 And once created would be nice to have it linked directly from the Privacy
 Policy.

 Aside from the above approach or in tandem the export and erase requests
 could be made via a button in the wp.org user profile. This approach would
 mitigate spam requests as the user would already be logged in to make the
 request.

 I understand core doesn't provide this functionality as of yet so if core
 is blocking this type of implementation then the good news is these
 features are part of the V2 privacy roadmap and once it's made progress
 will circle back.
 Core Ticket - https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44013
 *As well there's an existing plugin that covers alot of the front-end on
 this which can be looked to for code - https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins
 /gdpr-data-request-form/

 Thank you