[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4915: Add comment or feedback section to End User Documentation page for low-friction interaction

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 19 14:27:27 UTC 2019

#4915: Add comment or feedback section to End User Documentation page for low-
friction interaction
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  bph          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by bph):

 The process on developer.wordpress.org seems to be a tad too elaborate for
 End User documentation (HelpHub) feedback.

 [[Image(http://www.wpswfl.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Screen-
 Shot-2019-12-18-at-3.09.32-PM.png)]]

 Results in a
 [https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/classes/wpdb/insert/ post like
 this]

 [[Image(http://www.wpswfl.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Screen-
 Shot-2019-12-18-at-3.29.12-PM.png)]]

 @netweb thanks for digging up the other issues! Here is a summary of the
 references from there.

 #658 mentions comments for DevHub, but not HelpHub.

 ''`Some possibility to add comments in your own language
 I think this should be done the same way as the theme and plugin
 directory, so we could have nl.developer.wordpress.org that is a dutch
 version of DevHub. I don't know what this entails for the meta team.`''

 It also raises of course, translations. I am not familiar how HelpHub
 articles are handled on the local sites/other languages and if that has
 any ramification on how we solve the feedback solicitation for the
 support articles.

 #981 seems to cover also feedback for DevHub, probably in opposite to the
 contribution notes/form displayed above. It also mentioned that Handbook
 pages will have comment form enabled.

 "''Comments won't be publicly visible, only used as a means to submit
 feedback about the page to the site admins. We'll probably want to build
 filters into the backend so moderators can see the feedback for a
 particular handbook."''

 #4831 is pretty much the same issue for DevHub and the author comments:

 ''"On devhub, to leave a comment to explain a function or something, we
 have to click on a link which will open a comment form. I think devhub
 would have more comment if the form was directly open."''

 So, it seems comments could be the way to go.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4915#comment:5>