[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3815: The WordCamp 2018 site homepage has a canonical tag pointing to the 2019 site

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 20 18:57:50 UTC 2018

#3815: The WordCamp 2018 site homepage has a canonical tag pointing to the 2019
site
----------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  jonoaldersonwp              |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect                      |      Status:  new

Comment (by jonoaldersonwp):

 Any equity which the site might have in the eyes of search engines is
 being actively syphoned off to the wrong website. That makes the site and
 its pages less visible and discoverable, which means that we get fewer
 attendees, fewer contributors, and less market share vs content management
 systems which get the bare basic fundamentals of SEO right.

 There's a really great plugin which we could use, which handles all of
 this sort of thing correctly and gracefully :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3815#comment:3>