[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3794: Using the locale switcher on login.wordpress.org loses original redirect_to value

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 6 19:00:29 UTC 2018

#3794: Using the locale switcher on login.wordpress.org loses original redirect_to
value
------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect                  |     Status:  new
Component:  Login & Authentication  |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+--------------------
 Hello,

 I keep hitting this when going to login from either core or meta trac. If
 you go to login and enter credentials and submit you're returned to your
 ticket or page on trac. However if you go to login, switch locale and then
 enter credentials you're sent to your profile instead of returning to the
 original page.

 Inspecting I see the redirect_to hidden input containing the original URL
 but once you switch locale it updates to https://login.wordpress.org/

 This seems to be identical to what was experienced with #3640 so maybe the
 code was reverted?

 Thanks