[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3790: Add language setting for plugin owners and make them PTE for their own plugins/themes automatically

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 4 08:36:44 UTC 2018

#3790: Add language setting for plugin owners and make them PTE for their own
plugins/themes automatically
------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  daveshine         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect            |      Status:  new

Comment (by daveshine):

 Not convinced.
 The current processes are cumbersome and not very friendly for plugin
 authors. Most plugin and theme authors I am in contact with don't know
 much about all these processes etc. (most don't know anything at all).
 Because they find it all too difficult they never request PTE and all
 that.

 To me it feels a bit like that all energy is "only" put on the quality and
 optimizing and simplyfying the whole processes seems not (so much) on the
 table.

 Don't get me wrong, the quality of translations is important and I fought
 for this years before the whole language pack thing was in place etc.
 However, I still see so many translations out of the context that shows to
 me that a lot of the current processes seem not to work quality-wise - in
 my opinion.

 As a plugin author I want full control over the translations of MY native
 language for MY own plugin. At best this should be default and an
 automated process therefore the suggestion in this ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3790#comment:8>