[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3655: Remove twitter, facebook and google plus scripts from https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 31 20:22:11 UTC 2018

#3655: Remove twitter, facebook and google plus scripts from
https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  allendav     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Description changed by allendav:

Old description:

> I'm not going to get into whether or not there is a law that applies
> here. I am just thinking that it sets the wrong impression with privacy
> savvy individuals to have those trackers on that page.
>
> To reproduce: Open https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/ incognito with
> the ghostery extension active.

New description:

 The twitter and facebook buttons in the page footer are flagged by some
 privacy extensions like ghostery as poor for user privacy. Let's replace
 the script powered buttons with plain buttons to those social media
 services.

Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3655#comment:20>