[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3655: Could we not run twitter, facebook and google plus trackers on https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/ please

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 18 23:56:59 UTC 2018

#3655: Could we not run twitter, facebook and google plus trackers on
https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/ please
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  allendav     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by iandunn):

 Is there any good reason to embed FB/Twitter JavaScript on the site,
 instead of just using "intent" links? I've always preferred intent links
 because they're simpler, don't take up extra bandwidth, have zero memory
 footprint, don't rely on external services, etc.

 I'm not aware of any compelling benefit of actually embedding the third-
 party scripts.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3655#comment:14>