[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3163: Automated release packages should support including custom plugins in the package

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 10 06:01:14 UTC 2018

#3163: Automated release packages should support including custom plugins in the
package
-------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  miyauchi                       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by nukaga):

 I think that it is best to stop bundling after solving the tickets related
 to WP Multibyte Patch, which had a milestone moved to WordPress 5.1.
 But, the Japanese team announced that it will stop bundling in WordPress
 5.0. They may think that changing it makes confusion. Also, the author
 said that Japanese GTEs team no plan to change this decision in Japanese
 Slack. They said that even if they are not bundled WP Multibyte Patch in
 5.0, there are no big problems. So, the considering the priority, I cannot
 stop that WP Multibyte Patch will be removed on WordPress 5.0.
 The automatic release will advance.

 And, I think that the tickets related to WP Multibyte Patch should be
 continued to avoid various troubles occurring in multibyte of the
 "complex" locales.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3163#comment:25>