[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3649: add new filter for attributes on link anchor elements in wporg-developer theme

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 30 20:07:07 UTC 2018

#3649: add new filter for attributes on link anchor elements in wporg-developer
theme
---------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  pbiron         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement    |     Status:  new
Component:  Developer Hub  |   Keywords:
---------------------------+--------------------
 `DevHub_Formatting::make_doclink_clickable()` should have a filter to add
 attributes, e.g., class and/or title, to the anchor element that is
 generated.

 For those of us who use child themes of `wporg-developer` in producing
 documentation for our plugins/themes, having such a filter would make it
 easier to make it clear to our users which links in our documentation are
 internal and which are external.

 I currently use jQuery to add class and title attributes to such external
 links (and bit of CSS for adding a decoration to the link based on the
 class attribute, see below) but it has always felt like a kludge to do it
 that way.