[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2596: Add Default Text in Support form as a Template for Asking Good Support Questions

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 21 22:02:43 UTC 2018

#2596: Add Default Text in Support form as a Template for Asking Good Support
Questions
----------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  webdevmattcrom  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by Howdy_McGee):

 I've misunderstood then, default text is a bit different than placeholder
 text. It adds another step that the user needs to take in order to ask
 their question. I can't say I'm in support of this.

 The default text/questions may not even pertain to their question which
 they'll then have to select all and remove before proceeding. What if this
 case out weights the cases where the default text is helpful? Wouldn't it
 be annoying if you had to delete default paragraphs in WordPress when
 creating a new page every single time?

 Maybe if the new post section had it's own screen it could be customized a
 bit more but as it is now I don't think the forum overall would benefit
 from default text/questions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2596#comment:35>