[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3540: Add Category Navigation on /theme/ and /plugins/ that Google can follow more efficiently.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 16 16:35:58 UTC 2018

#3540: Add Category Navigation on /theme/ and /plugins/ that Google can follow
more efficiently.
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  mtobar          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by todd-inmotion):

 @dd32 - we were talking about having links on
 https://wordpress.org/plugins/ itself to the most popular tags, not using
 the sitemap.xml to point to the tags.  If we do it by popularity of the
 tag based on its members, it should mostly take care of itself.

 @obenland - yes on getting the tag pages better indexed if the tag has a
 reasonable amount of plugins within the tag.  This is a great way to get
 more traffic while providing the visitor a good place to start evaluating
 plugins in that category.

 Your question "If you’re looking to add additional links to tag pages from
 the homepage, can we do that through adding to or replacing existing
 sections?"

 Yes, adding a section to the bottom with some type of tag cloud should do
 it.  Do you have something in mind?

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3540#comment:10>