[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3403: Camptix: add notification rule to dismiss addresses that are following via jetpack

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 25 18:34:26 UTC 2018

#3403: Camptix: add notification rule to dismiss addresses that are following via
jetpack
-------------------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  sippis                   |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |     Status:  new
Component:  WordCamp Site & Plugins  |   Keywords:
 If organizer sends a notification to attendees AND publishes blog post
 with exact (or very close) same information, some amount of attendees will
 get the information twice because they are also subscribed to updates from
 blog.

 We can't get the email list from Jetpack at the time being, but maybe
 there's a chance to talk Jetpack's team if wc.org could have "private" way
 of getting those emails? After that we can make camptix tweak to prevent
 duplicates id organizer want's so.