[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3381: Edit the letter to hosts and associated info to not be confusing/vague/misleading

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 20 19:51:49 UTC 2018

#3381: Edit the letter to hosts and associated info to not be
confusing/vague/misleading
---------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  DavidAnderson  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect         |      Status:  new

Comment (by DavidAnderson):

 > I think it's legitimate for WordPress to recommend certain types of
 servers

 I think that if it does so, then it ought to say what the recommendation
 is based on (e.g. "WP developers generally have more familiarity with
 these servers"), and not be vague, or verging on FUD. ("the most robust"
 suggests that other webservers fall over more when running WP... but is
 that a) true, and b) verifiable?).

 Is that (more experience?) the reason? Or something else? (N.B. On the
 same grounds, should Linux then be recommended? IIRC, there have been a
 few bugs in the last few years that basically made it through into
 releases because of lack of testing on Windows webservers).

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3381#comment:6>