[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3477: Commiting new plugin version updates Development strings only; Stable remains unchanged

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 21 13:53:59 UTC 2018

#3477: Commiting new plugin version updates Development strings only; Stable
remains unchanged
--------------------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  davilera                  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect                    |     Status:  new
Component:  Translate Site & Plugins  |   Keywords:
--------------------------------------+-----------------
 I'm experiencing a strange issue with plugin translations. Today I
 uploaded a new version of my plugin (both in `trunk` and `tags/1.4.7`),
 but didn't change the `Stable tag` in `trunk/README.txt`.

 After a few minutes, there were new ''Development'' strings to translate
 (as expected). Once I translated them all, I modified the `Stable tag` in
 `trunk/README.txt` from `1.4.6` to `1.4.7` and pushed this single change.

 It's been over two hours and none of the new strings appear in ''Stable''.
 In other words, there are some missing strings (and, therefore, their
 translations) in ''Stable''. You can see it here:
 https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/es/default/wp-plugins/nelio-content

 Do you know what's going on? Am I doing something wrong?

 PS. This also happened with my previous update from `1.4.5` to `1.4.6`. It
 didn't matter how long I waited (three weeks), there were some strings
 missing in ''Stable''.