[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3780: Gutenberg Docs: relative links that point to a specific heading inside Gutenberg handbook pages are broken

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 28 18:11:02 UTC 2018

#3780: Gutenberg Docs: relative links that point to a specific heading inside
Gutenberg handbook pages are broken
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  designsimply  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect        |     Status:  new
Component:  Handbooks     |   Keywords:  needs-patch
--------------------------+-------------------------
 We don't account for same page links when we remove the .md extension from
 relative links.

 For example,  `[covered separately](../docs/block-api/block-edit-save.md)`
 works but `[wide alignment](../docs/extensibility/theme-support.md#wide-
 alignment)` results in a broken link to "wide alignment" at
 https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/handbook/block-api/#supports-optional

 Ref
 https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/browser/sites/trunk/wordpress.org/public_html
 /wp-content/themes/pub/gutenberg/inc/docs-importer.php#L278

 See https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/9387