[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #100: Searching by author requires exact match of username; doesn't show partial matches or search real names

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 11 21:58:55 UTC 2017

#100: Searching by author requires exact match of username; doesn't show partial
matches or search real names
------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  transom           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  closed
Changes (by tellyworth):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 I think this has been improved along the way, though there are still
 author-related searches that show odd results.

 Results for "Dion" or "Tadlock" include on the first page plugins by
 `dd32` and `greenshady` respectively, as well as plugins that mention
 those names in the description. The ranking may be less than ideal, but it
 does look to work. And certainly the ES query covers both the `author` and
 `contributors` fields, which should include both usernames and display
 names.

 Author-only searches are a separate feature imho, so I think it's best to
 count this ticket as closed and open more specific tickets for related
 bugs.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/100#comment:10>