[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2661: Plugin reviews are missing from search engines (google) after plugin directoy update.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 31 18:42:16 UTC 2017

#2661: Plugin reviews are missing from search engines (google) after plugin
directoy update.
------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Dharm1025         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect            |      Status:  new

Comment (by Otto42):

 Replying to [comment:4 joostdevalk]:
 > I'd suggest using a JSON+LD blob instead of the code on the page as in
 the old directory. See:

 > https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/reviews#review-
 snippets

 Yeah, I saw. That would be a <script type="application/ld+json"> in the
 head of the single-plugin pages, yes? If so, then this can be added
 separately, and hooked in with wp_head or some such. No need to directly
 modify the markup of the theme. Cleaner.

 Don't think it will affect the REST plans for the theme, since we only
 care what Googlebot sees and it should pull the original URLs from the
 original theme. But it's something to keep in mind, we don't want it
 seeing the wrong information on the wrong URLs.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2661#comment:5>