[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2645: Plugin Directory: Installation instructions missing - May withhold essential information

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 31 00:46:41 UTC 2017

#2645: Plugin Directory: Installation instructions missing - May withhold
essential information
------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Gahapati          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by Ipstenu):

 Right, you're the exception here :)

 I'm not saying you're wrong and there isn't SOME merit to that section,
 but it's a lot less when you look at 65,000 plugins.

 >  So I put it under Installation instructions. It makes more sense than a
 FAQ like "How do I use this plugin?"

 That's somewhat subjective as there are a lot of ways to explain that one,
 in a FAQ or even in the basic description.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2645#comment:13>