[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2645: Plugin Directory: Installation instructions missing - May withhold essential information

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 30 18:27:57 UTC 2017

#2645: Plugin Directory: Installation instructions missing - May withhold
essential information
------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Gahapati          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by Ipstenu):

 ... Yes? And the point?

 We're not currently displaying it because in ''the majority of cases'' it
 was not useful. That hasn't changed.

 > In many cases, however, plugin developers have chosen to use the now
 gone Installation tab to give not only meaningful but essential
 instructions regarding plugin deployment and usage. I've seen many cases
 like that.

 We'd still like some examples like that.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2645#comment:11>