[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2563: This post has been held for moderation by our automated system. It will be reviewed within 72 hours.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 7 05:15:12 UTC 2017

#2563: This post has been held for moderation by our automated system. It will be
reviewed within 72 hours.
----------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  pingram3541     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  closed

Comment (by pingram3541):

 Ok thx Marius, I had a hunch but I've also noticed some recent changes
 especially with the new paint and wanted to be sure.

 I can tell you this happened just after editing my post (which was not
 held initially) so based on one of your examples it was likely due to the
 "many posts in a short period of time" scenario but maybe it should take
 into account editing a recent post (which also has time constraints) and
 have a more loose threshold immediately after submitting a new post.  I
 certainly did not attempt to edit the same post over and over again in a
 short period of time, but it was a quick under 30 sec job.  I recall in
 the past being told to wait vs being put in the holding cell for 72 hours.

 I realize there must be safeguards to deter abuse but if I know how to
 avoid these things playing by the rules AND the mechanisms are informative
 enough about the cause, we can improve user experience and minimize
 support.

 Thx for the quick response and I hope I was informative enough about the
 experience even if it doesn't result in improvement I'm glad you took the
 time to listen.  Cheers!

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2563#comment:2>