[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2530: Support Theme: Add theme and plugin references to yellow section above post form

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 23 19:35:00 UTC 2017

#2530: Support Theme: Add theme and plugin references to yellow section above post
form
----------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  zoonini         |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Support Forums  |   Keywords:
----------------------------+-----------------
 Since the new note about where to post theme- and plugin-specific
 questions was added in #2357, support volunteers have found a small, but
 not significant, reduction in those types of questions in the other forums
 like Fixing WordPress.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/P7QwfO54dJ.png,100%)]]

 We'd like to try adding a similar notice in the yellow box above the post
 form. We're not sure how much effect it'll have on posts going in the
 wrong place, but we figure it can't hurt.

 Here's a mockup; I added the words "Don't post here – instead" for
 emphasis.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/E0VbIGsBwZ.png,100%)]]

 [https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/forums/p1487871962015065 Discussed
 in today's support team meeting.]