[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2492: Profiles: Show the first sentence of forum reply on Activity tab, not the last one

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 10 05:38:50 UTC 2017

#2492: Profiles: Show the first sentence of forum reply on Activity tab, not the
last one
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  SergeyBiryukov  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect          |     Status:  new
Component:  Profiles        |   Keywords:  has-patch commit
 Follow-up to #2222.

 If a reply contains multiple quotes and multiple sentences, the activity
 entry displays the last sentence instead of the first one. That's because
 `WPOrg_WP_Activity_Notifier::trim_text()` uses a "greedy" selector.

 See an [https://ru.wordpress.org/support/topic/снова-дырка-в-xml-
 rpc/page/2/#post-238219 example]. My activity entry for that reply:
 > Posted a reply to ''Снова об XML-RPC'', on the site Форумы поддержки:
 > '''Оставляю.'''

 Correct entry would have been: