[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2645: Plugin Directory: Installation instructions missing - May withhold essential information

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 5 18:30:15 UTC 2017

#2645: Plugin Directory: Installation instructions missing - May withhold
essential information
------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Gahapati          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by samuelsidler):

 Replying to [comment:27 mrpritchett]:
 > Looked at the example above. I agree that this is an acceptable solution
 if automatically triggered across all plugins by the team. Is that what
 will be happening?
 Once we're happy with the direction, we can trigger an import across all
 plugins. We're holding off on that right now because there are other
 (unrelated) changes in the directory that may need an import and we'd
 rather do the import once since it takes a while. In the mean time, plugin
 authors can opt-in by making a whitespace change to their readme, as Dion
 mentioned.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2645#comment:28>