[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2645: Plugin Directory: Installation instructions missing - May withhold essential information

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 3 22:58:59 UTC 2017

#2645: Plugin Directory: Installation instructions missing - May withhold
essential information
------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Gahapati          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Replying to [comment:19 iandunn]:
 > I think a much better way to handle this would be to:
 >
 > 1. Continue showing the Installation page if it exists in `readme.txt`
 > 1. If the section doesn't exist in `readme.txt`, then don't show the
 page
 > 1. Add a note to the sample `readme.txt` that says it's an optional
 section
 > 1. Do anything else you'd like to encourage authors to remove the
 section when they don't need it. For example, write a post on
 make/Plugins, add a note to the `Make sure your plugins are ready for
 WordPress 4.8` email, etc.

 Makes sense to me. Maybe we could also hide the section if it exists, but
 has no differences from what used to be the default content, apart from
 the plugin slug.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2645#comment:20>