[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1524: WordPress.org SSO: custom template handling and CSS for login-related screens

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 30 00:13:33 UTC 2016

#1524: WordPress.org SSO: custom template handling and CSS for login-related
screens
--------------------------+---------------------------------------
  Reporter:  stephdau     |      Owner:  stephdau
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  assigned
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  has-screenshots has-patch
--------------------------+---------------------------------------

Comment (by hugobaeta):

 @mapk Sweet! Thank you for taking in all the feedback! We're in the right
 direction! A few extra little bits that could improve:

 - Vertical spacing: Let's make the logo and the bottom secondary info
 ("Create Account", etc) equidistant from the sheet, smame vertical spacing
 as padding in the sheet. Also, you might have to do optical compensation,
 make that measure to the baseline of the logo wordmark, not the bottom of
 the logo bounding box. Makes sense?
 - On the mobile screenshots (that I saw, but please post them here as well
 for everyone to see), do a 1px light border at the bottom of the sheet, so
 there's a better hierarchy divide from the secondary action bottom part of
 the layout. I think it will help really divide the section.
 - The "Deny" button has a weird vertical optical alignment, but it's not a
 biggie, since you'll get the right alignment in the buttons for free by
 using the login css from core (that you can build on, instead of
 overwriting to get the buttons etc without extra work).

 Aside from that, I think we're golden. I really like how the Approve/Deny
 screen was summarized to be just one short paragraph. As we discussed, it
 might be good to understand if we'll allow for more things that would
 justify having a bullet list. But that's an easy iteration from here.

 Onward and Upward! I think it's ready to be coded! :)
 @michaelarestad and @melchoyce - yes?

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1524#comment:49>