[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1524: WordPress.org SSO: custom template handling and CSS for login-related screens

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 25 13:52:24 UTC 2016

#1524: WordPress.org SSO: custom template handling and CSS for login-related
screens
--------------------------+---------------------------------------
  Reporter:  stephdau     |      Owner:  stephdau
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  assigned
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  has-screenshots has-patch
--------------------------+---------------------------------------

Comment (by stephdau):

 Replying to [comment:34 melchoyce]:
 > Do we know what a WordPress.org single sign-on would be able to access?
 My guess would be a list of themes and plugins you've created, your basic
 profile information, your contribution history, and maybe your support
 forum history? @stephdau, do you know?

 The single sign-on is for WordPress.org, as in, you login to all the
 wp.org properties (sites) through the same login screen, not the one for
 bbPress, or single instance of WP, or GlotPress', etc. Those are sites
 that live under the wordpress.org domain and can share auth cookies as is.

 The oAuth flo won this same login.wordpress.org, on the other hand, will
 be used (at first) for our other properties/sites that donot run on the
 wordpress.org domain, and can therefore not share auth cookies, such as
 buddypress.org, wordcamp.org,bbpress.org, etc. Instead of authenticating
 (logging in, sharing cookies), they'll authorize the site (as an app, with
 login only seen if if not yet logged in to wp.org).

 There are dreams of more than that for the future, but we'll cross that
 bridge once we cross the first one. :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1524#comment:35>