[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1531: The WordPress showcase submission form doesn't recognise (REST API) projects as WordPress projects

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 22 14:26:40 UTC 2016

#1531: The WordPress showcase submission form doesn't recognise (REST API)
projects as WordPress projects
-------------------+---------------------
Reporter:  petya   |      Owner:
    Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
 Hey everyone,

 I tried to submit ustwo.com for the WordPress showcase on .org today as
 it's a nice example of using WordPress as a headless cms combined with a
 JavaScript front end.

 After filling out all the fields on this page and submitting, I got the
 following message:

 "Whoops! We didn't detect WordPress at the given URL. Please submit the
 URL of a site running WordPress."

 (https://wordpress.org/showcase/submit-a-wordpress-site/#return)

 I feel as there will be more and more projects using the WordPress REST
 API, if we'd like to showcase them, we might want to fix the problem with
 the submission form.