[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1511: Add a link to a list of other language support forums on the W.ORG Support Forums main page

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 9 15:17:58 UTC 2016

#1511: Add a link to a list of other language support forums on the W.ORG Support
Forums main page
------------------------+----------------------------
Reporter:  Kenshino     |      Owner:
    Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Hello,

 As discussed in the Support Team meeting a few days ago, we suggest to add
 a link so that people can get to Support Forums in their own language.
 Currently, there is a Yellow box that makes guesses based on geo-location
 if the browser header doesn't send a specific language other than English.

 People living in countries that have many national languages, or if people
 are travelling, or if they simply installed an English OS, the usefulness
 of that yellow box is heavily diminished.

 There is no easy way to find such other forums.

 For now, there is such a link and we would love for it to be placed in an
 obvious place - https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/contributing-
 to-the-wordpress-forums/support-forums-in-your-language/

 We propose to place that link under the 'Getting Started Resources' list.

 Thanks!

 A transcript of that meeting is available here (you will need a Slack
 account)

 https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/forums/p1452188716014038