[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1181: Enhancement for Reviews/Ratings: Use a Rolling Time Frame for more current reviews

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 27 09:26:01 UTC 2016

#1181: Enhancement for Reviews/Ratings: Use a Rolling Time Frame for more current
reviews
----------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  cais            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by deconf):

 I feel like counting latest X reviews will better reflect the current
 state of plugins. In my opinion "expired" reviews should stay in place but
 not count.

 >A review is still a legit review, even if it's two years old.

 @Otto42 A user can always update his review. By updating it, he can make
 his opinion count again. The advantage is that his updated review will
 reflect the current state of the plugin, instead of a two years old one.

 The ability of leaving new reviews or updating old ones also covers the
 case of old plugins. It really doesn't matter how old the plugin is, the
 reviews will always show its current state.

 Counting latest X reviews may also help in cases where plugins with lots
 of positive reviews fall into the hands of wrong people or choose a wrong
 path.

 My worries about counting reviews based on time frames is that in some
 cases the number of reviews could be so low that it won't really reflect
 the true about a plugin.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1181#comment:6>